You know how most people love Thanksgiving food because of the Turkey, stuffing mashed potatoes etc? I love Thanksgiving because of the PIE. It’s all I care about.We’d have 30 different kind of pies at our Thanksgiving feast. I’d get to try a sliver of how ever many kids I wanted. Talk about complete BLISS! Key lime pie has always been a favorite. I just really love the more tart pies, like this Lemon Sour Cream Pie, or my Grandma’s Lemon Chiffon Pie.
I love the idea of serving pie in “bar” form for summer parties. These Key Lime Pie Bars are super easy and oh so very tasty! They appear “fancy” but they’re the perfect dessert for even the most amateur bakers. They’re that easy. And did I mention how delicious they are? They are SO GOOD!
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice*
- zest of 1 lime
- Fresh whipped cream, for topping, optional
- For the crust, Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and press into an 8'' square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling by combining all ingredients. Pour the filling into the warm crust and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the center is just set. Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Top with fresh whipped cream, if desired.
- *I love using Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice from the bottle. It's easily found at your local grocery store. Otherwise you could easily substitute regular lime juice.
You may also like: