I’ve mentioned many times that I LOVE Mexican inspired food! It always sounds good to me…no matter the weather and no matter my mood! These enchiladas are simple and full of flavor. Jeff raved and raved about them so I’m sure I’ll be making them again soon! Jackson, my one-year-old, gobbled them up as well, which surprised me because I thought they might have a little too much spice to them. They were a hit!
If you love Mexican food like I do, you should try these enchiladas with a side Authentic Mexican rice!
UPDDATE 1/24/15 – I made some changes to the recipe to make them even better–mostly a few new spices to the marinade, and using chili verde sauce instead of green enchilada sauce. I also added some black beans, corn, and diced zucchini to the mixture. I really liked these enchiladas before, but now I truly LOVE them! If you want the old recipe you can find it here.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Write a review
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen) cooked
- 1 cup diced green zucchini (optional)
- 1 16 oz. bottle salsa verde
- 8-10 large flour tortillas
- 3-4 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
For the marinade
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sour Cream
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Shred with a fork.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together. Add the shredded chicken and allow to marinate for 10 minutes. Remove chicken onto a plate, allowing excess marinade to drip back into the bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of chili verde sauce into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add the rest of the chili verde sauce to the bowl with the remaining marinade.
- Fill the tortillas with a spoonful of chicken/veggie mixture, followed by a spoonful of shredded cheese, save about 1/2 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Roll up the tortillas and place them in the pan, seam side down. Pour the marinade/green chili sauce on top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, then place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Tastes Better From Scratch http://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/
If you like this recipe you may like: