This post was originally shared on OvertheBigMoon.com on June11, 2014
This delicious, baked mac and cheese is so easy and so yummy! It’s made with three cheeses melted together in a “healthier” creamy sauce. It’s also served with big shell noodles, rather than small macaroni noodles. It’s so easy to make and completely delicious!
- 1/2 lb medium-size shell pasta (like pipe rigate)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add butter. Once butter is melted, add the garlic and sauté, stirring, for one minute.
- Add the yogurt, milk, cheddar cheese, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt and pepper. Stir until combined and cheese begins to melt. Gently fold in pasta noodles and stir until incorporated.
- Pour cheesy pasta into an un-greased casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs (if desired) over the top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.