I originally shared this post on Pretty Providence on January 24, 2014
Aren’t these little heart cupcakes the CUTEST? My mom taught me this little trick–it’s genius and SO easy! I found a bag or marbles at the dollar store and whipped these together so quickly. They’re the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
- 1 batch of cupcakes (link to red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting below)*
- 1 small bag of marbles (from the dollar store!)
- 1 batch of frosting
- Make cupcakes according to recipe directions. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Spoon batter into liners, being careful not to fill each cupcake more than 1/2 full of batter. (If you fill them too full, they will loose their heart shape!)
- After filling the liners, place a marble between the liner and the pan. You will see the cupcake take the shape of a heart!
- Bake cupcakes according to recipe directions. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Looking for some more fun Valentine treat ideas?