You know how you’re not supposed to go to the store when you’re hungry, (to keep you from overspending)? Well I’ve found that some of my best recipe creating is done when I AM really hungry. I get crazy creative because everything in the fridge is fair game and I want to eat it all! I always have all of these ingredients on hand, so making these lettuce wraps was a no-brainer!
Shredded chicken with apples, grapes, celery, almonds, craisins, and onion. It’s like a kicked up version of traditional chicken salad, served in a lettuce wrap! And I love the Greek yogurt dressing. It’s way healthier and tastes amazing! I do like to add a spoonful of mayo just because I love the boost of flavor it gives to this healthy chicken salad recipe. These Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps make the perfect light lunch or dinner. Great for serving at parties too!
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup grapes, red or green, halved
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 head boston bib or butter lettuce, for serving in
- Add a little olive oil to a saute pan over medium high heat. Chop the chicken and and season with salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of garlic powder. Saute for just a few minutes, until cooked through.
- In a large bowl toss together the chicken, celery, onion, grapes, apple, cranberries and almonds.
- In a small bowl combine the Greek yogurt, mayo, and lemon juice and stir well to combine. Add sauce to the large bowl with the chicken mixture and toss to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Wash lettuce and separate into leaves, patting them each dry with a paper towel. Add a large spoonful of the chicken mixture to each lettuce wrap.
If you like this recipe you may like: