We’re approaching my third summer living in Saint Louis but I’m still getting used to the humidity. I get all ready in the morning–showered and hair done–and the second I step outside of the house I’m sweating! It’s not even super hot here yet, but the humidity is killer.
Fresh cool drinks save my this time of year. There’s seriously nothing more refreshing than a big glass of cold, fresh squeezed lemonade. This easy recipes has a little bit of fresh mint infused in it as well, and it’s absolutely delicious! Perfect for serving at summer parties too.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 5-6 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 8 -10 cups water, divided
- Ice cubes
- Combine 2 cups water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Add the sugar syrup and fresh lemon and lime juices to a large pitcher and stir well. Add the mint leaves, stir, and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Remove the mint leaves. Refrigerate until cold. When ready to serve, add 6 cups of cold water and stir. Taste, and add more water if it's still too sweet, until you get it to your perfect sweetness.
- Serves 8-10
- Adapted from Our Best Bites
If you like this recipe you may like: