If there’s anything my mom would want included in her Mother’s Day meal it would be a large bowl of fresh fruit. And not just any bowl of fresh fruit. One that has hints of fresh orange and mint. This fruit salad is amazing, and takes seconds to throw together. Everyone loves fruit, and the special additions make this side dish a crowd pleaser!
- 1 pint fresh raspberries , washed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries , washed, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint fresh blueberries , washed
- 2 cups of red of green grapes , halved
- 2 cups fresh pineapple , cut into small chunks
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 orange (for juice and zest--I don't use the whole thing, just to taste)
Combine all of the fruit in a large bowl--I add the raspberries at the very end so they don't get smashed.
Add some chopped fresh mint leaves, to taste. Zest some of the orange over the bowl and squeeze a little fresh orange juice over the top (don't add to much because you don't want a lot of extra liquid). Serve immediately. (to make this in advance, don't add the orange juice until you're ready to serve. Leave everything covered, in the fridge).
If you like this recipe you may like: