I had a lot of random jobs growing up. I worked as a “demo girl” at grocery stores handing out samples. I worked at the Utah Olympic Park helping people on rides and giving tours. I worked at a tanning salon (yikes). I worked at the Park City Outlets doing retail. And one of my favorite jobs was as a server at the Park City Grill. The restaurant was inside a hotel and I worked the breakfast and lunch shift, which meant I had to be there by 5:30am! But I really loved working there, despite the early hours. My absolute favorite breakfast dish we served was this Crunchy French Toast. It’s basically traditional french toast, coated in crushed cornflakes, and served with syrup and fruit. It sounds (and is) really simple, but it’s so delicious! Ever since my time as a waitress there, this has been one of my breakfast favorites!
Crunchy French Toast
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 or 5 thick slices of bread (like Texas Toast)
- 2 heaping cups of corn flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- In a shallow pie dish add the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla and whisk well to combine.
- Place the corn flakes in a zip-lock bag and crush with your hands or a rolling pin until they are about the size of rolled oats. Spread the crushed corn flakes into another shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and then press gently into the crushed corn flakes, flipping to coat both sides.
- Melt a small piece of butter in a skillet over medium heat; add the bread and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, until golden,and then flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite syrup and fruit!
Tastes Better From Scratch http://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/