There are few things I love more in the cooking world than baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes. It’s not even about eating them (even though that part is great too). It’s completely about making something beautiful and delicious, from scratch…from totally basic ingredients that most people have in their pantry.
Some of my favorite cupcakes include:
I like to make pretty cupcakes just for fun, and then send them with my husband to work, or give them to the ladies in the office of our apartment complex. I just love making them look and taste amazing, and then giving them away, to hopefully make someones day! Plus, it keeps me from gaining 1,000 pounds from baking so many sweets! I could never admit to how many oreos were consumed while making these Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Cream Frosting. And then how much frosting was eaten plain. OOOhhh goodness that stuff is GOOD!
- 12 chocolate cupcakes
- 12 oreos for the batter
- 8 oreos, crushed, (for the frosting) plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Make batter for homemade chocolate cupcakes. Add paper liners to a muffin tin. Place an Oreo at the bottom of each liner (optional). Spoon batter over top and bake according to recipe instructions.
- Cream the butter with electric beaters until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and cream and beat well. Add vanilla. Gently stir in crushed Oreos. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Top with an Oreo.
Love OREO’s?! Try these: