Warm and cheesy Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes is an easy, family-friendly pasta that takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Life has been a little crazy busy lately and I’ve been completely relying on my favorite 30-minute meals. Easy dinners with simple (real) ingredients that I know my whole family will enjoy. Some of my favorite 30-minute meals include:
This Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes gives me that comfort food feeling I love, but with fresh summer ingredients like ripe cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. I like to add whatever whole wheat, bite-size pasta I have on hand.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 8 oz farfalle pasta (or other bite-size pasta like ziti or penne)
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to high broil. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the cherry tomatoes on top, in a single layer. drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top and broil for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Boil the pasta, just until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile in a separate large, oven-proof pan over medium heat add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper and add the oregano, basil, and parsley.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Add the roasted cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of the fresh basil, and the cooked pasta. Toss to combine. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and the parmesan cheese on top. Place in preheated oven and broil for a few minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining chopped fresh basil on top.
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: