This recipe was posted on Pretty Providence on April 25, 2014
My whole first trimester of pregnancy I CRAVED anything with caesar dressing (and croutons, of course :-)! This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad totally hit the spot and was a fun twist to a traditional pasta salad! My guests gobbled it up and complained why I didn’t make a bigger batch! It’s got a little crunch, a ton of flavor, and is totally addicting! You can bet I’ll be sharing this one at a lot of summer BBQ’s this year!
- 6 oz penne pasta
- 2 chicken breasts , grilled
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1/2 (medium size) cucumber, chopped
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons (optional)
- Caesar salad dressing , to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and set aside to cool.
Chop the grilled chicken breasts into small chunks. In a large bowl toss together chicken, cooked penne pasta, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, green onion, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and croutons.
Drizzle with desired amount of Caesar salad dressing and toss to coat.