These delicious Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls start with a layer of coconut rice and red beans topped with jerk seasoned chicken, mangos, mashed avocado and a sweet and spicy pineapple sauce.
I love it when a simple idea turns into a masterpiece dinner! I love adding jerk seasoning to meat for a fun and different flavor, and I’ve been wanting to make some sort of Caribbean jerk chicken bowl for a while. I’m such a huge fan of all-in-one dinner bowls that incorporate a protein, rice or pasta, and veggies in one bowl for a gorgrous and well-rounded meal.
For these bowls you can use regular cooked white rice, or make some yummy coconut rice and red beans. I used my instant pot to make the rice- I’m a little obsessed with how well it cooks rice and how easy the process is.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. It’s super simple and has a great sweet and spicy flavor. Season the chicken with jerk seasoning (you can use store-bought, or make your own!) and grill it or cook it in a skillet. Mash an avocado. Chop some mango and bell pepper. Layer everything over your rice, and dig in! So many great flavors that compliment each other well.
- 4 chicken breasts halves (or 6-8 chicken tenders)
- 1/4 cup Jamaican jerk seasoning (or homemade)
- 5-6 cups cooked white rice or coconut rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, mashed
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced around the pit
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple and its juices
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo plus 1 tsp of the adobo sauce (or to taste, if you don't like spicy)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the pineapple sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. I use plain, long-grain white rice if I'm in a hurry, or coconut rice if I have time to go the extra mile 🙂 . When the timer goes off for the rice, add the red beans to the pot and fluffy everything with a fork to toss it all together. Return the lid to keep it warm while you cook the chicken.
- Season chicken breasts all over with jerk seasoning. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping once, until cooked through. During the last 2 minutes or so of cooking, add the red bell peppers to the pan to saute.
- Spoon rice and red beans into bowls. Add chicken and some red bell pepper, a scoop of mashed avocado, and a spoonful of fresh mango. Spoon a little of the pineapple sauce on top. Enjoy!
Never miss a post! Follow me on:
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products and cooking tools with you guys!