Chewy homemade blondies with butterscotch chips. These Butterscotch Blondies are the BEST, especially served with ice cream and an easy homemade butterscotch sauce.
If I’m having a sweet tooth on the weekend I usually turn to some sort of brownies/bars or cookies. They’re the fastest to make and always super tempting. Some of my favorite easy cookie bar recipes include:
I can’t say enough great things about these butterscotch blondies. They are soft, thick and chewy with the perfect butterscotch sweetness. They taste great as they are, or you can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream with an easy homemade butterscotch sauce. SOO GOOD!
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Optional, Serve with Ice Cream and Butterscotch Sauce
- Butterscotch Sauce:
- ½ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the butter, sugar and brown sugar to a mixing bowl and cream together until very smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder and stir until combined. Fold in butterscotch chips (keep a small handful to sprinkle on top).
- Spread into a greased square (8 or 9 inch) baking pan and bake for 38-34 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar, cream and salt and stir well with a wooden spoon until blended. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and boil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve warm over ice cream.
- To store, refrigerate sauce in an air-tight container.
Bars recipe adapted from Jen's Favorite Cookies
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: