We’re on day five of my “Back to Basics” series this week! All week long I’ve been sharing my favorite, basic, recipe box staples. If you’ve missed them, you should check out this Slow Cooker Lasagna, Honey Whole Wheat Bread, and the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe!
Now let’s get down to business. These Blueberry Muffins are my favorite muffin recipe, ever. I LOVE them. They literally take 5-10 minutes to throw together and they make the best jumbo, bakery style muffins! The delicious crumb topping seals the deal for me. They’ve become the only blueberry muffin recipe I ever use! And I use it way too often 😉
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 2Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter, cold, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a standard size muffin tin with muffins liners, or grease well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add oil egg and milk and mix just until combined. Fold in blueberries. For large muffins, fill muffin cups right to the top with batter. This will yield 10 muffins.
- For the crumb topping: Mix all ingredients together with a fork. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the muffins in the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with fresh crumbs.
Try some of my other favorite muffins: