You wont see me use the words “BEST” in too many recipes, because a lot of people have great variations of a lot of dishes. However, without hesitation I can say these are THE BEST peanut butter bars in existence! There. I said it. And it feels good to get that out there…because it’s soo true! They are the best ever!
This peanut butter bar recipe has been a huge family favorite for many years. Simply put, they are completely addicting and you will want to eat the entire pan by yourself…consider that my warning 🙂 If I’m ever making these for a party I always have to make an extra pan for my family or else I’m in trouble!
It’s sad because whenever I have peanut butter bars anywhere else, I kind of cringe inside because I wish the baker had used this recipe. I’ve just never had any other peanut butter bars that are like this one—thick but soft and chewy, with the perfect ratio of chocolate and peanut butter; the World’s Best Peanut Butter Bars!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (plus more for spreading over baked bars)
- 3/4 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- For the chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tbs cocoa
- 3 Tbs milk
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to creamy mixture. Press firmly into a greased 9x13'' pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-21 minutes.Let cool.
- Once cooled, spread a thin layer of peanut butter over the bars.
- Combine the butter, cocoa and milk in a medium saucepan. Heat until boiling. Stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- Spread chocolate frosting over the top of the bars. Chocolate will thicken once cooled.