Berry Cake with Lemon Cream Mousse is incredibly delicious, beautiful, and deceivingly easy to make! | Tastes Better From Scratch
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as creating something BEAUTIFUL, that looks super impressive, but is one of the EASIEST desserts ever, to make. Some of my desserts that fall into this easy/impressive category include:
I love the simplicity of this cake. Three round layers of cake with lemon cream mousse and berries layered in between. If it’s easy enough for my husband to make me for Mother’s Day, then I’d say it’s easy enough 😉 . And my kids love to help put the berries on. You really wont be disappointed in this delicious and beautiful cake!
- 1 recipe lemon cream mousse (can be made in advance)
- 1 white cake, baked into three 8 or 9 inch round pans (from scratch, or a cake mix would work)
- 2 cups of fresh raspberries (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (about 12 ounces)
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries
- Rinse all of the fresh fruit and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Slice strawberries.
- Place one cake round on your serving plate. Add about 1/2 or 2/3 cup mousse and use a spoon to smooth it out towards the edges (leave at least 1 inch of space from the edge of the cake. As you stack the layers it will push the mousse out). Place an assortment of berries on top. Repeat with remaining layer of cake. Serve, or cover well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: