I’m a huge fan of potato salads! I definitely love a traditional potato salad, but this Baked Potato Salad is one of my favs! It has all of the yummy flavors you love from a baked potato, transformed into a potato salad! After baking the potatoes you toss them in a creamy sauce and top them with a big pile of bacon, cheese and green onions! Such an easy salad and it’s dang delicious!
Baked Potato Salad
Write a review
- 2 lbs baking potatoes
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash potatoes and poke a few holes in them with a fork or knife. Bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until they are fork tender and cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool completely. At this point you can peel them, or peel half and leave the skin on the other half to get a real baked potato feel. Cut the potatoes into small, half inch pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the sour cream and mayonnaise and stir well. Add the potatoes and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bacon, onion and cheese and fold the mixture gently to coat everything evenly. Refrigerate before serving. Garnish with extra bacon, cheese and onions, if desired.
Tastes Better From Scratch http://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/
You may also like: