Shredded chicken, cheese, and a creamy salsa blend melt together inside a crispy toasted tortilla. Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos is an easy meal you can make in less than 30-minutes! | Tastes Better From Scratch
So, some of you may remember that I’m a total COSTCO addict. I love pretty much everything in that store, and it’s my go-to place for tons of items. And they give out tons of samples. Enough said.
I never, ever leave the store without a rotisserie chicken. They are so delicious and fresh. Plus they are huge, and only cost $5! Can’t beat it. When I get home we will usually eat part of the rotisserie chicken for dinner, and the rest goes into a meal later–like these chicken taquitos, stuffed shells, burritos, or soup. Then I always use the leftover bones to make chicken broth for the freezer. (A big batch of freezer stock always comes in handy for a quick batch of homemade chicken noodle soup!) One rotisserie chicken = so many meal options! #winning
These Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos are a definite favorite at our house. Sometimes you just need a meal that you KNOW everyone (especially your toddlers) will eat happily! Right? These Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos are one of my go-to meals when I want to throw something together that’s delicious and FAST. I even like to make the “filling” in the morning, so all I need to do before dinner is roll it in the tortillas and stick them in the oven. Easy and completely delicious!
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salsa (your favorite kind)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper, for taste
- 8-10 flour tortillas*
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Add cream cheese, salsa and sour cream to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. Add remaining ingredients (except the tortillas) and toss to combine. Taste and add more seasoning, if needed.
- Place a large spoonful of filling in a line along a flour tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side down on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining filling mixture and tortillas. Lightly brush the tops of the tortillas with a little bit of oil, or spray them with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F, for 18-22 minutes or until tortillas are cooked and lightly golden brown.
*I like to use the Tortilla Land brand of uncooked tortillas, (you can roll them up in the raw tortillas--no need to pre-cook them) but you could also use regular store-bought flour tortillas or corn tortillas.
Never miss a post! Follow me on: