All week long my husband and I look forward to “game days” over the weekend! Tonight we’ve got our BYU Cougars to watch and the first playoff game for the Cardinals! As much as I like watching the games, I LOVE planning game-day food! You can find tons more game day appetizer ideas here.
These Wonton tacos are not only “light” they are SO easy to throw together and they’re seriously addicting. The flavors are amazing and you don’t have to feel guilty eating 10 of them 🙂
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or use rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup green tomatillo salsa
- 2 Tbsp sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 12-15 wonton wrappers
- Chopped avocado and cilantro for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the chicken, salsa, sour cream, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and green onions.
- Place the wonton wrappers on the baking sheet and place a large spoonful of the mixture on each wonton. Sprinkle a little cheese over each. Bring two of the opposing corners up and, using a little water, stick them together.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until wontons get crispy. Watch them carefully while baking to ensure they don't burn!
- Top with cilantro and avocado if desired.