Of two things I’m certain: 1. Carbs are my weakness, and 2. I could eat some form of Mexican food every night of the week! With that equation, this Chipotle Pesto Pasta is my kryptonite! Fresh chipotle pasta, combined with penne, tomatoes, black beans, avocado, corn and cilantro! Amen. This is my kind of meal! The Mister likes me to throw some grilled chicken on his to make it even heartier, but I love it just the way it is!
I LOVE, love, love chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. There’s something about that amazing smokey flavor that is soo addicting, am I right? If you’re like me and you love chipotle peppers, but never use more than 1 or 2 in a recipe, they freeze great! I pour the leftover sauce and peppers from the jar into a ziplock bag and freeze them. They keep really well in the freezer and then I always have them on hand when I need them! Like nights when I’m craving this Chipotle Pesto Pasta!
- 1 pound penne or bowtie pasta
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, to taste (I like things spicy, and 2 was plenty of heat!)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Freshly chopped cilantro, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- To make the pesto, combine the chipotle peppers, Parmesan, pine nuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse a few times. Add olive oil and greek yogurt and pulse until smooth. Add more olive oil if needed to make it thinner.
- In a large bowl, combine pesto sauce, cooked pasta, corn, black beans and tomatoes. Fold in avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe you may like: